Dance can be...
a form of expression
a way to get the sillies out
a medium for physical fitness
a way to share common ground
a tool to interact with others.
make time fly by
make a moment more intimate
make a moment more universal
push you to the limit.
in your room
in the grocery store
while waiting for a bus, the subway, a loved one.
loud and clear
a way to say what can not be said any other way.
with a friend
with a stranger
with a relative
with a child
Ask the children in your life:
- How does dance feel in their bodies and in their hearts?
- Why do they like to dance?
- Do they like to dance by themselves or with others?
- Where is there favoirite place to dance?
- What kind of music do they like to dance to?
- Can they make up a special dance and share it with you/the class?
Have fun exploring why dance matters to you and the children in your life!