You can use this idea to create simple movements to your favorite tunes.
- Choose a song that has a lot of descriptive words or clear actions.
- Have the words of the song inspire three or four movements that can repeat throughout the song. (It is great to pull ideas out of the chorus since it repeats.)
- One or two of the movements should travel through the space and one or two should be stationary.
- Create a beginning and end shape to the dance.
- Make sure at least one movement engages the entire body.
- Encourage the kids to use facial expressions as well.
- Be careful not to "act out" the song.
- Make sure the kids come up the movements with you!
Have fun dancing to your favorite song with the little ones in your life. And keep your movements simple for a simply fabulous dance!