- Create a beginning shape:
- Choose a level (high, middle or low)
- Choose to make straight lines, angles or curves with your body
- walk, run, jump, skip, hop, glide, gallop, roll, turn
- You can hop in a straight line across the room, in a circle, or make zigzags across the floor
- It can be the same as the opening shape or a different one.
It's that simple. If you are comfortable with these 4 steps, here are other elements you can think about:
- Tempo: slow, medium or fast. (Play different music and see how your body reponds differently to the melody, tempo and energy of the songs.)
- Add a feeling state: sleepy, alert, confused, happy, dreamy, etc
- Add a story: Take words out of a story or poem and let that be your inspiration.