When could you break into spontaneous movement?
- Waiting for the CD player to play (my CD player is always very tempermental)
- Walking a class in or out of the classroom or studio
- While kids are putting on shoes, clothes, etc
- Anytime, whenever, any moment will do
What will they learn from watching you break into dance?
- Dance is for everyone
- Movement is not limited to a certain time, day, or place
- You can express your feelings through dance
- It gives them permission to do the same
I dance in the kitchen when I cook dinner. My daughter laughs and will sometimes join in without me asking her to do so. Just the act of dancing in front of her creates a bonding moment. A moment where neither of us is asking anything of each other. We are just sharing an experience together.
So, have fun dancing in front of the little ones in your life!