Overweight contestants work with professional dancers to develop routines which they perform at the end of the week in front of a panel of judges. Their dance scores are added to the amount of weight lost for the week to come up with a final score. The one with the lowest score each week goes home. The last one standing at the end of the competition wins.
What I liked about the show:
- People are getting into shape, working hard and dancing their hearts out. The dancers have personality, some technique and are learning ballroom and other various styles.
- As they get more fit, their bodies take form, the mastery of their bodies improves and they develop a sense of body ownership.
- The development of body ownership is beautiful, the connection the dancers develop to themselves and their partners is inspiring.
- Dance is not for the elite, the ballet trained or the perfectly fit. It is for everyone.
- Dance is exercise. Dance is strength, stretch and endurance.
- Everyone can do it. The more you dance the better you get, the more confident you get and the more you can let go of your inhibitions.
- Dance lets you connect with others. Hold hands with someone, dance and look into their eyes. You will see what I mean.
And do what they say on the show. Dance your you know what off!
Have fun dancing your tush off with the children in your life!